Early Head Start at Bona Vista is a FREE year-round program that serves low income pregnant mothers and children up to their third birthday.
Each child who attends Early Head Start receives child development and health services, and parents are involved in every aspect of the program. What’s more, all Bona Vista Early Head Start programs are proven to increase language and cognitive skills of children as well as parenting skills. We are a licensed NAEYC accredited center. To learn more about NAEYC go to www.naeyc.org/families.
Early Head Start program provides:
- Free home visits when you need them, at your home once weekly with a child development specialist
- Child care for parents who are working or are in school, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Meals, snacks and diapers
View our most recent Annual Report!
Services for Pregnant Women:
The Early Head Start Prenatal program helps eligible pregnant women receive the prenatal care they and their growing babies need. A prenatal specialist works with mothers to provide information about pregnancy, childbirth, and caring for a new baby. This specialist:
- Offers a support group one evening a month.
- Works with expectant parents individually, including home visits, phone calls or personal appointments at the mother’s choice of location
- Works with the mother until her 6-week postpartum appointment or release from her physician to resume normal activities
- Helps the mother plan for the baby’s transition to either Early Head Start center-based services, Early Head Start home-based services, or another high-quality service
- Education is based on the needs of the parents but includes information on nutrition, the effects of smoking, drug and alcohol use during pregnancy, normal fetal growth, labor and delivery
- Early Head Start partners with other community agencies for resources and referrals
- Early Head Start does not provide transportation to and from the classroom. Early Head Start offers transportation to families only when the lack of transportation is a barrier to participation in Early Head Start events.
- Early Head Start maintains services of at least 10% for children with developmental delays or disabilities in an inclusive setting.
For more information about Early Head Start, please call 765-454-5340 in Kokomo, Indiana.
We are a Paths to Quality Level 4 caregiver.
You can apply in person or use our online pre-application.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.